QuickGPS stopped working on my HTC Touch Cruise a few days ago. Each time I would try to update it, I'd get some sort of connection failure.
I did a bit of research and found out that I'm not the only one with the problem. I tried every hack found on xda-developers to no avail; nothing worked.
Without QuickGPS it can take up to 4 or 5 minutes to get a GPS fix. Quite annoying.
I pretty much figured out that the problem was related to one of the hosts QuickGPS uses, but changing the registry keys to a different host didn't help.
I was about to give up when as a last ditch effort I decided to see if I was getting the same problem on my recently upgraded AT&T Tilt... Nope... QuickGPS worked like a charm.
I then decided to copy the QuickGPS registry entries from my Tilt to the Touch Cruise to see if that would fix the problem. It did!
I used Task Manager to replace the entire QuickGPS registry group with the following: