UrlEncoder for Kotlin and Java
<1 min read
Geert released a new version of the RIFE2 framework. As I was browsing through his code, I noticed he was using java.net.URLEncoder to encode URLs. I sent him a toot indicating he should probably fix that. URLEncoder is quite inefficient and potentially risky in the way it encodes spaces.
He quickly got to work and came up with a pretty elegant solution, which got me thinking that it would be a good idea to turn it into a standalone library.
I started working on a Kotlin implementation, and Geert followed with a Java version.
Both libraries are now available on GitHub and Maven Central:
- UrlEncoder for Java: gbevin/urlencoder
- UrlEncoder for Kotlin: ethauvin/urlencoder
They both are small, efficient and have no dependencies.