Java2Html and IntelliJ IDEAIDEA can export Java source code to HTML, which I find quite useless. I really like the way Java2Html works but there is no integration with IDEA.
You can easily setup an External Tool in IDEA using the Java2Html command line options.
The problem is that I also wanted to:
- View the generated HTML code right away.
- Discard the resulting HTML file when done. I usually only need to copy/paste elsewhere.
What does it do?
java -jar java2html.jar -srcfile %1 -targetfile %TMPFILE%
- Passes the first argument (the path to the Java source file) to Java2Html.
- Instructs Java2Html to save the resulting HTML file directly to the Windows temporary files directory.
- Automatically opens the HTML file with Notepad.
The only thing left to do was to create the External Tool entry in IDEA, as follows: