How to install Eclipse & Aptana Studio on Vista/Windows 7 64-bit?
Installing Eclipse on a 64-bit version of Windows
Only the Eclipse SDK comes in a 64-bit flavor for Windows. One solution is to install the Eclipse SDK, and manually install the plugins for Web, XML and Java development.
Installing the Aptana Studio Plugin on a 64-bit version of Windows
In order to ensure the Aptana Studio plugin works on a 64-bit version of Eclipse, do the following 1):
- Make sure that a
JAVA_HOMEenvironment variable is set on your system.
- To check or add a new environment variable, search for
Startmenu search box, and select
Edit environment variables for your account.
- If it does not already exists, add a user variable called
JAVA_HOME, pointing to JRE or JDK on your drive, e.g.
- Make sure the location of the JRE (or JDK) bin directory is your path by adding
PATHuser environment variable. Create a new
PATHvariable if it does not already exists.
- Download XulRunner for Windows x64.
- Create a
xulrunnerdirectory in your Eclipse installation directory (e.g.
C:\eclipse), extract the content of the XulRunner archive in this directory.
- Add the following at the end the
eclipse.inifile located in your Eclipse installation directory:
- Install the Aptana Plugin using the standard instructions.