|Erik's Pulse: 2003-10-24
by Erik C. Thauvin
||Erik has his finger on the pulse of the Java community. This column is his take on what is hot, and what the community is buzzing about.
|Quite a few interesting software releases this week...
- A Java implementation of the Bluetooth specifications and the JSR-82 API.
- Slava Pestov has pre-released a new version of his excellent all-purpose Java editor, JEdit 4.2.
- The Jakarta Project is now offering a release candidate of the Cactus 1.5 testing framework.
- IBM has made available an update to its Java 2 Standard Edition Developer Kit, version 1.4.1 SR1.
- Apple has released version 6.4 of its QuickTime for Java.
- PMD, the popular Java source code analyzer, has been updated to version 1.3.
- Oracle also released version 220.127.116.11 of its Oracle9i JDeveloper developer tool.
- Jameleon, the automated testing tool, has been updated to version 18.104.22.168.
- Rick is providing a fix to the JRendezVous package.
- Bodo Tasche has published JCalendar 0.6, an open source calendar GUI widget for Java.
|Erik is director of technology at Imacination Software, where he has spent the better part of last year developing the jTalk E-Business Platform. He has close to 20 years of professional experience in software development.
Erik also maintains a popular Java blog and can be found lurking in #mobitopia.