D-Link DSM-520 DowngradeA new firmware for the D-Link DSM-520 MediaLounge, version 1.04, was recently released. It has given nothing but troubles. I had to downgrade to version 1.02. Here's how I did it:
- Download version 1.02 from D-Link.
- Also download the DSM520-VerInfo.txt file from the same location.
- Modify the version info file as follows:
- Place both files on an anonymous ftp server. If you don't have one, you can use mine.
- Go to the setup screen on your DSM-520.
- Go to the version info screen.
- Hit the following keys on the remote:
- You should see a screen with the location of the D-Link ftp site. Modify the URL to point to your anonymous ftp server location.
- Save the settings and instruct the DSM-520 to check for new updates.
Don't forget to turn off auto-update once the system has been downgraded or it'll keep on bugging you about it.